Millcreek Venture Outdoors - Millcreek Venture Outdoors - Get Involved Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:21:51 -0600 en-gb Be a Vendor or Exhibitor Be a Vendor or Exhibitor

Get invoked in the Millcreek Venture Out! Festival Series. The 12 shows focus on an outdoor recreation theme and occur on Friday nights (June – August). Festival guests enjoy live music, great food, outdoor recreation clinics, art exhibits, crafts, unique community market, and a movie under the stars. The shows are free and travel in a round-robin format between Big Cottonwood Park, Evergreen Park, Eastwood Elementary, and Canyon Rim Park.

What does a Venture Out! Friday night look like?

4:30pm – Vendor Set-up

6pm – Market opens

6pm-9pm –Themed recreation activities, great food, live music

9pm-11pm – Movie under the stars!

Check our website for updated events and themes and activities each week.

How to Become a Venture Out! Vendor

1. Review Venture Out! Vendor Guidelines (below)

2. Understand Market Rules & Regulations

You must provide your own displays, tables and shade. Canopies and umbrellas are acceptable. Vendors are assigned spaces according to their individual requirements and space availability. Electricity is available (there is a $5 charge per show). All space assignments are at the discretion of the Market Manager.

3. Submit a Vendor Application.

Register online now >

Payment Options

10x10 Space Fee - $30 per festival

  • Full Season Payment – 10% Discount ($300) - Must participate in at least 9 or more festivals and pay in full by May 1, 2014
  • Electricity is $5 per festival
  • Monthly Payment Option (First month's payment due May 1st, 2015). $100 deposit due April 15th, 2015. All remaining payments due the 1st of each month before participating month. Ex: July Payment due June 1st.
  • Drop In Payment: $45.00 (if spaces are available, we will allow vendors to drop-in the evening of the event).

Venture Out! Vendor Guidelines

If you are interested in food manufacturing or food preparation and sales, you must have an operating license from the Utah Department of Agriculture, Salt Lake County Health Department or your local health department, a commercial kitchen, the correct business licensing permits within your city, a tax ID number, and liability insurance.

General Acceptance

Venture Out! is committed to creating a diverse marketplace and reserves unconditional discretion to accept or refuse anyone as a vendor.  Many factors are taken into consideration while evaluating vendor applications. (Note: Venture Out! is looking for products that are unique or unusual and products not already represented at the festival.)

Conduct and Compliance

Vendors must comply with Venture Out! rules, federal, state, and local regulations.  Vendors must submit application, licenses, and other Venture Out! correspondence in a timely manner.

Food Safety

Vendor adheres to the highest standards in food safety and practices and follows all State and County Health Regulations.

Liability Insurance

All vendors are required to submit proof of Liability Insurance with their application. If you do not have Liability Insurance please contact Susan Smith at Beehive Insurance (801-685-6860 or ssmith [AT] beehiveinsurance [DOT] com) and tell her that Aimee McConkie referred you.

Sales Tax

All vendors are subject to collecting sales tax from their customers and remitting the sales tax to the Utah State Tax Commission. This is accomplished through a Special Event Sales Tax Form; you cannot remit these taxes on your usual form. If you are accepted into the market and are subject to sales tax collection, the form and/or instructions on how, where and when to file will be included in your acceptance letter. All required sales tax collection and remittance is the sole responsibility of each individual vendor.

Health Department

All food vendors are required to be in compliance with Salt Lake County Health Department and/or the Utah Department of Agriculture regulations. Food vendors preparing or sampling on site are required to have a Food Handler’s Permit and a Temporary Food Service Permit for Seasonal Events. If you are accepted into the market and are subject to these regulations, you must display both permits in your booth or you will not be allowed to sell food prepared or sampled on site.


Millcreek Venture Out! is not liable for any injury, theft or damage to either the buyer or the seller or their property, arising out of or pertaining to preparation for or participation in Millcreek Venture Out! whether such injury, theft or damage occurred prior to, during, or after the hours of operation of Festival. Seller further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless both Millcreek Venture Out! and/or Salt Lake County Parks for and against any and all claims for such injury, theft and/or damages. Seller assumes full liability for their vehicles, structures, fixtures and the product(s) they market or sell and by participation in Millcreek Venture Out! hereby agree to hold Millcreek Venture Out! and/or their representatives and/or Salt Lake County Parks and/or their representatives harmless against any and all claims such as but not limited to injury, theft or damage by any buyer, seller, or other persons resulting from or pertaining to the use, consumption, marketing tactics, display, negligence or disposition of seller’s products, vehicles, fixtures or structures.

support [AT] thirdsun [DOT] com (Third Sun) Get Involved Fri, 14 Mar 2014 00:00:00 -0600